Friday, June 6, 2008

The adventure begins Monday

This is a cross post that I posted on my original blog, trouble in paradise. I thought I could include it here to further elucidate my hopes and goals for the trip, and address a bit of the why and how such an adventure came to be. This trip will be the cap on one end of an amazing year. ('Round these parts we measure years by the school calendar, not that there new fangled New Years' Eve nonsense.)

This was the year I

- moved in with a man
- didn't work during the summer for the first time since age 14
- started writing a book for real
- finished writing a book
- finished my Master's Degree

and now, starting Monday, 2007/2008 will be the year I spend an entire summer

- learning new things
- challenging myself to grow and expand
- leaving behind 99% of all my material goods
- leaving behind all responsibilities and obligations
- leaving behind a lot of really amazing friends and family

and having

the adventure

of a lifetime.

No comments: