Friday, June 13, 2008

From the City Backpacker's hostel in Stockholm

I want to be just like Lee, so I am currently uploading my photos onto Flickr as we speak. However, it is QUITE slow. Maybe it's because I am uploading 163 pictures. Currently it reads 6% complete. There is supposed to be a 20 minute time limit on these computers, but two units are open and I see no one waiting... we'll see. I'm also a little technically inept, so let's hope this works.

Onto the blogging! Today we explored old town in Stockholm. Well, actually the FIRST thing we did was wake up "early" at 7:45 to book our hostel again for the night. There had been some cancellations so we were lucky to get our same spot. We were also the first people to do this since the reception opened at 8. They quickly booked up for the night. Since we had another whole day, we decided to sleep a "little" longer. Until 10. Whoops. We were well rested but not alerted because when you wake up at 10 in a hostel, most everyone has already showered. Now, some might argue that COLD showers are exactly what Lee and I need... some would be wrong.

I was less than clean when we trekked out for breakfast and then to City Hall (where it hailed for just a few minutes) and then to the old part of Stockholm. The Royal Palace is the biggest one in the world. After a much needed caffeine boost and some sidewalk strolling, we decided to hop on a ferry from central Stockholm to one of the 24,000 islands in the archipelago system. It was called _____. We hiked all over this little island.

I am currently at 14% of my photo upload and ten minutes over my time limit. We'll see if I can get away with it.

Tomorrow at 16:45 we take an overnight ferry to Helsinki, Finland!

No comments: