Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Six days to go

On Monday, June 9, Lee and I will hop a plane to Europe to begin what will surely be the adventure of our lives. We will spend 73 days backpacking through Europe. That's the whole summer. That's right.

It is my hope that this blog will be a space for us to post updates on our travels, and for our loved ones to check in on us whenever they miss us. With less than a week before we leave, Lee and I are doing epic amounts of laundry, dumping assorted items from the fridge into a skillet and calling it "dinner," playing map games with SmartBoard software and buying things from Target we may or may not need. (Those last two activities apply to only one, not both of us. See if you can guess who is doing what.)

For my next act I'll see if I can post our itinerary.


P.S. The name of this blog came about because, before Lee and I met each other, we each had blogs. His is called Dinosaur in Trouble. Mine? It's called Trouble in Paradise. Now that we're together, we've both lost the "trouble." (Seriously though, isn't the name coincidence a little surreal?)

4 comments:

rekomili said...

Although I am happy for this blog, it is in no way a replacement for my dear friends. This blog will not play Catan with me and this blog will not fart in my hallway. I would shed my single tear now, but I will save it for tonight's fest.

I suppose I deserve this. Last summer I selfishly went to Mexico. Damn this karma.

Lauren

Unknown said...

I wish you both have a wonderful time on your summer adventure. I can't wait to read what new and exciting things you will experience.
Have Fun and be safe!!!
Tami

Anonymous said...

Europe doesn't what is about to hit them.

Godspeed, you two.

Tell the REH-KAH-VICK airport I am still pissed about having my backpack searched and scavenged through by RolFFF or Suggrfen or whoever the guy was back in 2003.

HAVE FUN!!!!

-Paul

Anonymous said...

Well, I miss you both terribly. From your posts and pics, it looks like you are having a spectacular time! I had to teach someone geometry today. It's a scary world here in Minneapolis.

XOXO